Downgrade iOS 6.1.3 to iOS 6.1.2 using Sn0wbreeze : Evasion Jailbreak
Since there is no jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 is available so far now the only thing left to enjoy an untethered jailbreak is to downgrade your iOS device to iOS 6.1.2 so to untethered jailbreak it using Evasion jailbreak tool. Evasion Jailbreak.org’s writer Rich has compiled a tutorial on downgrading iOS 6.1.3 using redsn0w, the tutorial works but i am one of those who can’t get it through. The problem arises when putting the device in recovery mode and DFU mode, there is a very slight difference between putting your device in either of these mode, but any one i will show you another method of doing the same but it is much simpler.
This process involves Sn0wbreeze instead of redsn0w, for those who don’t know sn0wbreeze is a untethered jailbreak tool with a different work procedure. Sn0wbreeze doesn’t jailbreak iOS on your Device, but it makes a jailbroken iOS IPSW file that you can use to restore your device too. Since this iOS IPSW firmware file is pre-jailbroken, once you restore you don’t need to jailbreak your device anymore. This comes handy when you do frequent restores on your device, with a jailbroken iOS IPSW file you can just restore it and it will be already jailbroken.
This method is similar to the one stated above, the only difference involved is that we will stitch the iOS SHSH blobs with the iOS IPSW firmware file to make iTunes restore it without any problem. Follow the steps below to perform the downgrade.
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 4
- iPod touch 4G
- iPad Original
- iPod touch 3G
- iOS 6.1.2 SHSH blobs – This is very important, you will need it on your computer.
- iOS 6.1.2 iOS IPSW File – Download it from our iOS download page.
- Snowbreeze – Download it from our Jailbreak Download Page.
- Windows machine – Most of the downgrading tricks don’t work on Mac.
- Extract Sn0wbreeze and run it As an Administrator.
- Click on the Blue arrow in the bottom right.
- Now browse for the iOS 6.1.2 firmware file.
- Sn0wbreeze will detect your device using the IPSW file. Click on the Blue button again.
- Now click on iFaith mode, Click OK and browse and select iOS 6.1.2 SHSH blob file.
- Sn0wbreeze will start building the custom iPSW file, it will be placed on your desktop.
- Once done, follow the steps on sn0wbreeze to put your device in DFU mode. This is very important use sn0wbreeze to put the device in DFU mode or it may not work.
- Once done, close sn0wbreeze and open iTunes.
- iTunes will detect your device in recovery mode, press and hold Shift and click on Restore.
- Select the iOS 6.1.2 IPSW file created by Sn0wbreeze, it will be on your desktop.
- If everything goes well, iTunes will restore your device to iOS 6.1.2 without any problem.
Insert in your article
All done, since you have used sn0wbreeze. Your device will be pre-jailbroken no need to run evasi0n jailbreak after that.
How To Downgrade iOS 6.1.3 To 6.1.2 Using sn0wbreeze | iPhone Jailbreak Blog
Aticle Written by Naufil Siddiqui
Apple released the iOS 6.1.3 firmware to the public just a few days ago fixing all the vulnerabilities and exploits used in the evasi0n 6.x untethered jailbreak. This has made even more difficult to downgrade iOS 6.1.3 to iOS 6.1.2 for all the jailbreakers out there. Unfortunately, for the latest A5 devices even saving shsh blobs won’t help, so there’s no going back now. Hit the jump to read the whole downgrade tutorial with images for A4 devices below.
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod touch 4G
Before proceeding to downgrade, make sure you have your device’s shsh blobs that you would have saved using tinyumbrella-6.12.00-ios-6.1.2.html”>tinyumbrella 6.12.00 otherwise you won’t be able to do so. Also, sn0wbreeze jailbreak tool only supports Windows, so Mac OS X users can’t downgrade at the moment. Now on to the tutorial…
How to downgrade iOS 6.1.3 to 6.1.2
Step 1: Download latest version of sn0wbreeze here, extract the zip file and launch it.
Step 2: Click the blue arrow on the right, select Browse for an ipsw and point it to iOS 6.1.2 firmware ipsw file. If you haven’t downloaded it already, you can download it for your device here.
Step 3: Select iFaith Mode and browse for the shsh blobs for iOS 6.1.2 firmware which are saved on your computer and select them.
Step 4: Click on Build IPSW and sn0wbreeze will start building the custom firmware ipsw file at this stage.
Step 5: Now you need to place your idevice in pwned DFU mode. Follow the instructions given below…
- Press and hold the sleep/wake button for 3 seconds.
- While still holding sleep/wake button, press and hold home button for 10 seconds.
- Release sleep/wake button, continue holding the home button. After this your device’s screen will go completely black, don’t worry it’s just a part of the process.
Now, ireb utility will patch the iboot.
Note: If you see any other iTunes or restore logo on your screen, it means you are not in DFU mode yet and follow the above steps once again.
For exiting this, just press home and sleep/wake button until the Apple logo is visible.
Step 6: Launch iTunes, while holding Shift key select Restore. Select the custom firmware ipsw file (its name will start with a long number like 0000389CC) you made in step 5 and let iTunes downgrade iOS 6.1.3 to 6.1.2.
After this, your device will be successfully downgraded and run the iOS 6.1.2 firmware. If iTunes displays any error message, use ireb using the instructions given below. This process is fully tested by me and it works, just keep trying and it should work. Watch this video tutorial below…
After the downgrade process is over, your device will be already be jailbroken by sn0wbreeze tool and you will once again have access to Cydia and all the tweaks and jailbreak apps. But somehow if you want to use evasi0n jailbreak untethered for iOS 6.1.2. Follow our tutorials for your choice of operating system below…
Not working , do this
If you are facing any kind of troubles or problems related to downgrading iOS 6.1.3 to 6.1.2, feel free to leave your response in the comments section below and our dedicated support team will solve your issue in a very short time. All the best!Fix iTunes ErrorsStep 1: Download ireb rc7 utility from here
Step 2: Connect your idevice to the computer.
Step 3: Start ireb tool and choose your idevice from the menu.
Step 4: Put your idevice in DFU mode as shown in step 5 above.
Step 5: Continue with step 6 and you will not face any iTunes error .
Update 1: Currently there is no working process to downgrade iOS 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 on iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad 2,3,4 , iPad mini, iPod touch 5G and other new bootrom devices. Until then just stay tuned to UJB.
Update 2: The ireb tool has been added to fix errors related to iTunes.
Update 3: If your idevice is stuck in recovery mode after this process, then your shsh blobs were either not saved properly (corrupt aptickets) or are incomplete.